The Council of British Hajjis has signed up as a partner to the Foreign & Commonwealth Offices’ “Know Before You Go” campaign to provide latest upto date travel advice.
‘Know Before You Go’ (KBYG) is an ongoing campaign to help Brits to stay safe and healthy abroad.
The campaign was launched in 2001 to promote these key messages:
- get adequate travel insurance
- check the FCO’s country travel advice
- research your destination – know the local laws and customs
- visit your GP as soon as possible before travelling
- check your passport is in good condition and valid and you have all necessary visas
- make copies of important travel documents and/or store them online using a secure data storage site
- tell someone where you are going and leave emergency contact details with them
- take enough money and have access to emergency funds
Every year thousands of British travellers seriously regret not taking these simple steps.
If you’re planning a trip you should read the travellers checklist – it’s full of practical tips for having a safe and enjoyable time.
KBYG publications include:
- Support for British nationals abroad: a guide
- Going To live abroad
- Victims of crime abroad
- Lonely planet travel safe
- In prison abroad
- World Wise
All KBYG publications can be ordered on the travel advice publications page.
For the latest travel info for Saudi Arabia click here
For travel updates to other countries click here